Top 10 ways to Spring Clean our Life
As we enter the Spring season we start to clean up. Here are our top 10 tips to assist with cleaning our lives:
- Slay the Sugar Dragon. Starting in October we participate in many celebrations that seem to involve decadent sugary treats from Thanksgiving to Easter. Spring is a great opportunity to consider reducing or even eliminating sugar in our diets.
- This past winter was extremely difficult especially for people who experience Seasonal Affective Disorder or other mental health conditions. Getting outside and soaking up those Vitamin D rays is a great way to shake off those blues.
- Water is a natural cleanser for the body. By increasing our daily water intake we are effectively assisting the body in eliminating toxins and other waste products.
- Spring is the best time to clean up our winter bodies. Now is the time to get outside and move. Connecting with nature, enjoying the daylight and participating in physical activity, are all great ways to freshen up our physicality.
- Now is a great opportunity to clean out the refrigerator and pantry. Things to consider removing are highly processed foods with five or more ingredients and replacing them with all the fresh produce and local food products this season has to offer.
- Our skin will thank us for a clean-up too. Take a few minutes to toss out old make up and skin care products. Consider replacing them with SPF containing clean products without parabens and other toxic material.
- House cleaning is very common with the first signs of grass and longer days. Being aware of the toxic chemicals found in our cleaning products is a great way to not only keep you and your family healthy, but also our beautiful planet.
- Poop…yup we are going there! Our intestines were made for cleaning. Consuming a diet high in fiber is a great way to ensure our body is effectively removing all of the waste it needs to.
- Keeping our muscles and fascia pliable is another strategy to help the body in removing toxins and keeping us limber. Regular massage therapy treatments in conjunction with a stretching routine is a great way to keep our body flexible.
- Gratitude is the best attitude. A daily gratitude practice is an easy and effective way to start cleaning up negative thoughts. By teaching our brain to focus on the small positive things in life, we can powerfully affect our general outlook.