in the Ottawa Valley
Massage therapy is the manipulation of the soft tissues of the body including muscles, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments, and joints. It is a way for clients to relax, unwind and release some of the tension and pain that they may be holding in their muscles and soft tissue.
Massage is a unique therapy because it can be a powerful tool in relieving pain and promoting well-being, while also being enjoyable and relaxing.
What Do Massage Therapists Do?
Registered Massage Therapists (RMTs) are regulated health professionals that are qualified to assess, treat, and provide advice on a wide range of musculoskeletal issues. At Lavallee, we understand that pain, tension, and injury don’t always fit neatly into a scheduled time; with a team of 12 RMT’s, we’re always available when you need us.
What types of Massage are available?
We offer relaxation and therapeutic massage. Relaxation massage is very soothing, and it helps reduce feelings of stress and anxiety that may lead to headaches, depression, and chronic pain. Therapeutic massage is more specific and includes deeper and more varied techniques used to treat tight, sore muscles, dysfunction, injury, adhesions, and postural concerns. Our skilled therapists are also proficient in additional modalities which they will incorporate into your massage therapy treatment.
WHICH THERAPIST SHOULD I SEE?
All our RMT’s are qualified to meet your needs, but they all have slightly different styles of practice; from relaxing to therapeutic, light to deep pressure, and a little conversation to complete silence. Our administrative team will guide you towards the right therapist for your needs, and we encourage you to see several of our therapists until you find the right fit. Alternatively, you can select one of the treatment tabs below and you will be able to see who offers that therapy.
What can massage therapy help with?
Headaches • Chronic pain in the back, neck, hips, and shoulder
• Sciatic pain/Piriformis syndrome • Stress and anxiety
• Tendinitis/Repetitive strain • Jaw pain
• Lymphedema/swelling • Frozen shoulder • Fibromyalgia
Ashiatsu therapy is a unique barefoot massage technique using deep pressure from the massage therapist’s feet…
Athletes know the importance of accessing the full potential of their bodies. Athletic massage is the application of specific…
Individuals diagnosed with lymphedema are recommended for complex decongestive therapy (CDT) which is a combination…
Craniosacral therapy is a form of therapeutic massage that affects the membrane system of the central nervous system…
A dual or couple’s massage is a great way to introduce the therapeutic benefits of massage to new and younger clients…
It is safe to deliver massage therapy throughout all stages of pregnancy in order to assist women with easing their general aches and pains…
Frequently Asked Questions
- Yes, if you have been in a car accident and have been injured, you are entitled to receive services such as massage therapy, naturopathic medicine, physiotherapy and chiropractic. You must first contact your insurance provider and inquire about setting up a claim. Once you have been in contact with your insurance, we will help you navigate the process of securing treatment.
- Yes, we direct bill most extended health care plans. It is quick and easy to set up direct billing to your private insurance plan, please just ask one of our admin team prior to your appointment. You can also add the required insurance information into your profile on our booking site.
- Most extended health care plans cover massage therapy. Every plan is different and you should call your insurance provider and inquire about your plan limits and whether or not they require a prescription from your doctor.
- Yes, children of all ages are welcome at our centre. We recommend that you start with shorter treatments for the kids and let them decide what they like and how long they would like to have a massage for. We suggest 15-30 minutes to start with.
- Typically people undress for a massage therapy treatment, but we will work within your comfort level. You will be draped at all times with a sheet and blanket and only the area of your body that is being worked on at that moment will be uncovered. If you prefer to leave some or all of your clothes on, that is totally fine, we will adapt the treatment to suit. You can also change your mind once the treatment has started.