The ND can order several tests to further explore the holistic causes of symptoms that patients are presenting with. All testing requisitions are completed and paid for at the Lavallee Health Centre and are collected at Life Labs. The most common tests are:
IgG Food Sensitivity Testing
A blood test that assesses the immune response to various foods. Patients consume the foods that are being tested one week prior to the test. The result will be available one week after the test.
- A complete Thyroid Panel blood test is recommended to clients who report symptoms of chronic fatigue, hair loss, unusual or sudden weight gains or losses and bowel dysfunctions
- Adrenal Panel saliva test is recommended to clients reporting symptoms of chronic fatigue, insomnia, weight gain, stubborn weight loss, menstrual irregularities and brain fog.
- Female Hormone Work Up blood testing on day 3 and day 21 of menstrual cycle to assess egg quality and ovarian reserve and ovulation
- Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO) breath test is recommended to clients reporting symptoms of gastrointestinal upset such as gas, bloating, constipation and/or diarrhea
- Fecal Collection Sample is recommended to clients who are experiencing symptoms of bacterial irregularities, yeast overgrowth or parasites.
- B12 blood test
- Iron blood test
- MTHFR blood test
Meet Your Practitioner
I have always had a heart for helping others. Initially this led me to exploring the field of Dietetics. Learning the powerful effect nutrition has on the body sparked a passion within me to look deeper into the root causes of health.
My main interests lie in female hormonal balance and healing the gut. As a Naturopathic Doctor my role is to teach, guide, suggest and facilitate, but it’s the patient that improves their own health.